WASHINGTON, D.C – After two additional chilling reports from the Wall Street Journal and Washington Post this weekend detailed additional allegations of sexual harassment against Governor Cuomo, Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC) chairwoman and New York Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins was left with no choice but to stand by what she said last week and call for his resignation. The development puts a number of key rank and file Democrat legislators who have tried to hide behind their calls for an independent investigation of Cuomo in a tough spot — forcing them to choose between a governor whose failed pandemic response they have stood by every step of the way, or the leader of an organization that can provide them with critical financial support for their own reelections.
Stewart-Cousins and the DLCC must now be asked whether they will withhold funding for the below New York state lawmakers who continue to remain silent on whether Cuomo should resign.
- State Senator Peter Harckham
- State Senator James Gaughran
- State Senator Kevin Thomas
- State Senator John Brooks
- Assembly Member Judy Griffin
- Assembly Member Monica P. Wallace
- Assembly Member Marianne Buttenschon
- Assembly Member Michael Cusick
- Assembly Member Al Stirpe
- Assembly Member Didi Barrett
- Assembly Member Simcha Eichenstein
- Assembly Member Steven Cymbrowitz