Washington, DC — Republican State Leadership Committee (RSLC) President Dee Duncan released the following statement in response to Joe Biden’s Joint Address to Congress last night.
“During his first few months in office, President Biden has veered so far to the left that not even candidate Biden would recognize him anymore,” said RSLC President Dee Duncan. “The president last night continued to pander to the fringe of the Democratic Party, trying to drum up support for a socialist agenda of crippling tax hikes and reckless spending that will put the needs of the Squad over the needs of taxpayers. By contrast, state Republicans have spent the last few months putting money back into the pockets of hardworking Americans, opening schools and businesses, reviving the economy, lowering drug costs, and keeping families safe. State Republicans will have another successful cycle in 2022 because they continue to be strong counterweights to Democrat-controlled D.C.”
President Biden’s first 100 days in office has been one broken promise after another. All of the policy initiatives he is pursuing are the opposite of what he promised on the campaign trail. He has kowtowed to the radical left so much, that even socialist Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been baffled.
- Biden promised to ensure a majority of our schools are open, but schools are shuttered.
- Biden promised to govern in a bipartisan manner, but the Biden-Harris Administration would rather re-define ‘bipartisan’ than work with Republicans.
- Biden promised to protect and defend the Constitution, but now claims that the Constitution is ‘not absolute‘ when it comes to the Second Amendment.
- Biden promised not to raise taxes on the middle class, but his “infrastructure” plan will do exactly that.
- Biden promised to unite the country, but he has stoked division and refused to condemn hateful rhetoric from his Democrat allies who call to defund the police.
- Biden promised to not pack the court, calling it a ‘boneheaded idea,’ but is now actively seeking to do so.
- Biden promised to create jobs and build back better, but he’s destroyed thousands of jobs not created them.
Fortunately, state Republicans are pushing back against his radical agenda and ensuring policies that benefit the American people are still being implemented on the economy, schools, jobs, and community safety. Republicans in the states are the only line of defense in the fight to protect the American people from the socialist policies coming out of Washington.
- Republican lawmakers in Arizona, Florida, West Virginia, and Idaho are implementing tax cuts that let Americans keep their hard-earned tax dollars in their own pockets.
- Republican-led states like South Carolina and Iowa have fully reopened schools for in person learning five days a week. Arkansas and Indiana, among other states, are expanding school choice to ensure every student has the opportunity to succeed.
- Republicans in Georgia and Florida are working to protect communities and law enforcement officers with anti-riot and anti-defunding legislation.
- Republican states like Texas, Florida, and Alabama, who never imposed strict lockdowns, are the leading the way on pandemic recovery, and Pennsylvania Republicans are working to kickstart the economy.
- North Carolina Republicans are supporting our farmers and ranchers by offsetting employer costs of quarantined farmworkers.
- Red states have recovered from unemployment faster than blue states. Out of the top 20 states for jobs recovered through March, 16 are led by Republicans.
- West Virginia Republicans passed legislation to lower drug prices and will be the first state in the country to require drug discounts or rebates, negotiated by insurance companies for patients, to actually be passed on to patients.